When you think of your car as a machine, you may or may not realize how many fluids it requires for it to operate. However, when you think of your vehicle like a human body and how that body has a number of fluids that make it operate, it’s easier to connect the dots and understand your car’s needs. That is why in this month’s blog, Larry’s Independent Service in Mission Viejo wants to discuss your car’s top five fluids.
Your vehicle has six major fluids that it requires in order to operate:
- Oil -- The engine oil pumps through the system, reducing friction, and carrying away debris. This fluid needs to be changed on a regular basis for the engine to perform optimally.
- Coolant -- This radiator fluid helps to keep the engine at the optimal temperature and prevents it from overheating. This fluid needs to be changed on a regular basis for the radiator to perform well during all weather seasons.
- Brake Fluid -- Without brake fluid, the hydraulics in your braking system will not work properly. Though this fluid is often taken for granted by many drivers, our automotive technicians pay special attention to brake fluid during brake service and repairs.
- Power Steering Fluid -- If you have ever driven a car without power steering, you may appreciate the strength you gained in your arms. With power steering, however, turning that steering wheel is easy peasy, and it’s partly because of the power steering fluid.
- Transmission Fluid -- Another fluid that is often taken for granted and ignored by car owners, transmission fluid is needed to allow smooth shifting between gears. Our automotive technicians pay attention to your transmission fluid and will recommend
- Wiper Fluid -- Most of us use this fluid a lot. Windshield washer fluid is used to improve your visibility while driving. Be sure to check their wiper fluid levels so you don’t run out of washer fluid.
If you want to be a proactive car owner, you will want to check your fluid levels on a regular basis. Here is a helpful video demonstrating how to check your various fluids.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3NiEikrHV7c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
When your vehicle needs auto repair or ongoing maintenance, stop in to see the well-qualified auto mechanics at Larry's Independent Service in Mission Viejo, CA. We will help make sure your vehicle is running smoothly. To stretch your dollars even further, we encourage you to take advantage of our online specials and mention them when you schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!